Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Preston's Ministry

Preston went back to school today. Sunshine has returned to Elmhurst Elementary....even though the rain is coming down on the outside.

I said a prayer for him this morning that he would be able to catch up his work and merge right back into his studies. Preston is very comfortable with prayer. When he was four years old, I ran into Valerie at Target just after she picked him up from preschool. We were standing there talking when Preston walked over and laid his hand on my arm. I couldn't see what he was doing but Valerie was keeping an eye on him. After we finished our conversation she turned to Preston and asked,"What were you doing when you touched Oma?" Without hesitation he responded, "I was praying for Oma's 'awies' on her elbows." When Preston sees a need, he unashamedly bows his head and prays for that need.

I love watching Preston during church. He enjoys worship time, singing and raising his hands in praise. During the sermon he kneels at his seat to color or quietly play with a toy. If anyone prays, he stops playing and bows his head, closing his eyes. It's not unusual for him to later share something he heard the Pastor say.

Luke 9:46-48 says, "Then there was an argument among them as to which of them (the disciples) would be the greatest. But Jesus knew their thought, so He brought a little child to His side. Then he said to them, 'Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me, welcomes my Father who sent me. Whoever is the least among you is the greatest.'" I know Preston is great in God's sight. He sure is in this grandma's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment