Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Letter for 2014

I had awakened in plenty of time to get ready for my monthly widow’s group but “time stealers” kept interrupting my morning. I needed to pull out my heavy vacuum to clean up the coffee which spilled when I dropped the container….splattered foundation on my shirt resulted in having to change my outfit… and I had to make up the time spent on the phone with a neighbor. I was running about 15 minutes later than I had planned when I stopped by the kitchen to drop off my coffee cup. I heard a sizzling sound under the sink and investigation revealed water gushing from a busted hose.  I was able to get help and stop the water before there was permanent damage to my home. I knew immediately the frustrated interruptions were actually God ordained delays. .. “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.” (Proverbs 16:9 NLT)

               Christmas is the time we stop to reflect on how “God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 NLT)  I am so grateful to be loved that much….to have the assurance of eternal life; but I’m also thankful that Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10 NIV) We can start each day “Seeking His will in all we do, and He will direct our paths.” (Proverbs 2:6 personalized)

               Last year I didn't get out a Christmas letter. December found me in San Diego with Valerie’s family celebrating her 2nd born, Dalton’s graduation into the Marines.  This month is also memorable for Dalton because on December 27th he will be taking his beautiful Puerto Rican princess, Valeria Otero, as his new bride.  Valeria is a perfect fit in our family and we are very excited for them.

               More Family Highlights:
1.      Granddaughter, Kirstin and Josh were blessed with twins on August 2nd this year…..A son, Bronson and a daughter, Brynlee.  Elaine is enjoying the double fun of being a grandmother for the first time.  This great grandma can assure you they are both beautiful.
2.      Granddaughter, Danielle and Darren were blessed with a second son, Drew Kenneth on
August 8th, 2013. Daniel, who will be 4 in January, sure loves having a little brother. Sandra and Dominique enjoy the role of Oma and Opa…..and I love being Oma Great.
3.      Sandra’s son, Michael, still lives in San Luis Obispo, CA where he owns his own fitness business, McAlister Training
4.      Sandra’s youngest, Meghan, graduated from high school this year and is enrolled in the Elementary Educational Program at Pierce College in Lakewood, WA.    
5.      Clayton, Valerie’s first born, graduated from Northwest University in May.  He has been selected to attend the Marine Officer Candidate School.  He will be leaving for VA on Jan. 12, 2015.
6.      Valerie’s 3rd born, Quinton, is participating in Running Start for his junior year of High School.
7.      Valerie’s youngest, Preston, is a freshman in high school.
8.      Valerie had been a stay at home mom until last year when she starting working in her sons’ school district.  It’s a good fit because she’s home with the boys when there is no school.
9.      Sandra and Dominique’s “German Pastry & Coffee Shop” in Lakewood, WA is doing well and keeps Dom very busy. If you’re in the area, stop by for lunch or an awesome treat.


This Christmas season I am grateful for my wonderful family and friends.  I treasure each of you and thank God for the gift you are in my life.  Have a nice Christmas and join me in “Thanking God for His Son….a gift too wonderful for words.”  (2 Corinthians 9:15 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment