Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Empty Wood Shed, part 2

Can you believe it is 38 degrees today? When it is chilly outside, I feel even more thankful for my wood stove that keeps my home toasty warm. As I was having my quiet time in front of the fire this morning, I was reminded that I haven't shared with you the answer to my prayer for wood.

On March 19th I confided that my wood shed was empty and I had written a request in my prayer book for more wood. That very same day a man and his wife from our church came over to my house. He said he wanted to check on my wood supply. After looking in the shed and measuring the size of my stove, he said he thought he had a resourse for some wood and would let me know.

I made a copy of the blog I had just written that morning and gave it to him to read. We both sat in awe at how quickly God answers prayer. Two days later he showed up with a trailer load of wood and placed it in the wood shed for me. He told me this load of wood was going to spoil me and he sure was correct. The pieces are the perfect size for me to handle and they burn so nicely.

I never cease to be amazed at the goodness of the Lord and the kindness of people. I am overwhelmed with gratefulness to God's servants who feel His gentle nudge and then respond to the need.

Philippians 4:19 says, "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." I love the word "all" and I stand on that promise. He has never failed me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment