Friday, April 24, 2009

Meghan's Bible Club

I just arrived home from Cutter's Point Coffee Shop where my granddaughter, Meghan, meets every Friday after school for a Bible Study with her girlfriends. Meghan is 13 and in the 7th grade.

Shortly after Meghan started Junior High, she confided in me that she wanted to have a group of girls that she could bond with thoughout her Junior and Senior High years. She wanted to have a weekly Bible time, share each other's needs, and give each other support and accountability. I told her I would help any way I could. She made up some cute invitations and passed them out at school. Within two weeks, a time and place was established and her desire became a reality.

Right now the girls do a very simple study. They use the SOAP method. They read a passage of Scripture, observe what the Scripture is saying and then make an application to their own lives and end with a Prayer time. Each of the girls have a Teen Girls Daily Devotional Book that they commit to reading.

I sit on the sideline and do my own reading while they do their study. When they have a Scripture or word they don't understand I help out but otherwise they do it on their own. Often I find myself silently praying for each of the girls as I sit and wait. These girls are our leaders of tomorrow.

The Word says, "Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth." (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
Walking with God in their youth allows the Lord to shape and prepare these girls to meet life's challenges and opportunities with wisdom. It will definitely pay off when they are older. I will always be grateful that I found Christ at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment